If you have a question on what Digital marketing is…! You can finally relax, you’re at the right place.
Understanding Digital Marketing –
Basically, it’s online marketing. In simple words, using internet to reach consumers. Digital marketing is a broad field, which includes reaching out to customers through email, search engines, content marketing, social media, mobile applications and more. Therefore, digital marketing is the use of digital media and platforms to promote products and services.
It developed during the 1990s and 2000s , and gave a way to brands and businesses to use technology for marketing.
This era is of technology and with the increasing use of digital platforms in daily life, people prefer using digital devices for various services instead of visiting a physical store.
Let’s get an overview on the history of digital marketing. The more noticed period when digital marketing came to a start is 1990, when the Archie search engine was created as an index for FTP sites. Gradually companies started using database marketing. In 1994 the first clickable banner ad went live, which was ‘You Will’ campaign by AT&T and over four months of it going live, above 44% of people who saw it clicked on the ad. Digital marketing became more sophisticated in the 2000s and 2010s, and the statistics produced in 2012 and 2013, showed that it’s still growing. With the development of social media such as YouTube, LinkedIn, 2 Facebook in 2000s people became more dependent on digital mediums in daily life. Worldwide digital marketing has become the most common term, especially after the year 2013.
Different tactics it includes:-
Now, let us know, what methods does digital marketing include to become prevalent.
It does include different tactics such as :
• Search engine optimization (SEO)
• Search engine marketing (SEM)
According to a study in 2018, nearly 90% of online customers in US researched products and brands online. And in the Global Index, a little more than 50% of consumers searched products online. (Source- Wikipedia)
This can be done by the different tactics mentioned above.
We will discuss about each one of it in brief.
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - It’s the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your site. Search engines such as Google has crawlers that goes out and collects information that’s then gathered and an index is built. Which is then fed with the algorithm that tries to answer by matching all that data with your query. The optimization is done where the people who write the content and put it on their site gussying the content and the sites up so that search engines are able to see and the users who search get them. Thisincludes many things such as indexing, using of keywords, using meta descriptions, title tags etc. So one of the main step to digital marketing is building an SEO friendly site.
2. Social media marketing – It’s the use of social media platforms and websites for promoting and marketing certain products and services. Platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube are widely used for this. It’s one of the convenient method used nowadays. Some other examples of social media marketing are Amazon, Netflix etc.
3. Video marketing – This is done by sharing videos to promote the product, increase engagement on social and digital channels, and reaching the customers through a new medium. YouTube, vimeo, snapchat, Instagram are some platforms for video marketing.
4. Blogging – It’s a powerful key component to digital marketing. By the help of this, it is able to convert visitors into customers. It drives traffic, gives your site a new lead, and insights into your customer’s base.
5. Email marketing – This is also a part of digital marketing. It’s done by sending emails to customers. It involves using email for advertising, request business, or solicit sales or donations.
6. Paid search/contextual advertising – Paid search is the form of digital marketing where search engines allow advertisers to show ads on their search engine result page (SERPs). It works on pay per click model. Contextual advertising is where the advertising is done on a website relevant to the page’s content.
Thus, these tactics are used in digital marketing to build brand awareness.
Now, the next question that arises is,
The answer is YES.. !!
Digital marketing gives opportunity to the creative people to make a career in it. There are many jobs such as writing, designing, audio and video production, drafting emails, providing marketing strategies and much more.
It’s not stressful if you love the work, being creative and the lifestyle that comes with it. It can make you rich if you know how to mold yourself with the changing digital strategies. If you are in tune with the changing face of digital marketplace, you can build a good and successful career in it. If you have the skills on how to draw analytics and insights, knowledge on automation, organization and project management skills and SEO, then go for it. It’s fairly easy to get started as there are many websites to sign up and start your work today
(Our website designing company in Noida helps you provide a secure, user friendly website, rich with all the above mentioned features and e-commerce facilities. Contact for more information and queries).
Hope, you got a complete basic guide on Digital marketing. Thank you for being till here.